Lolo Vandal’s rap music is exciting and breath-taking; he is noted for his funny, fruitful and provoking lyrics that he delivers in his home language ‘isiXhosa’. Lolo Vandal is a musician who uses the power of his voice as his own instrumental. Displaying precision and agility, mixed with heartfelt emotion.
Birth name: Zuxole Ngetu
Stage name: Lolo Vandal
Hometown: King Williams Town – Zwelitsha-Eastern Cape
Occupation: Creative (Musician, CEO at African Elephant, Voice Over Artist)
Lolo Vandal’s formative years were spent soaking up all classics from any artist back then. He also explored his sister’s collection of Gospel artists. During his teens he started to attend local dance classes meanwhile he was discovering his drawing, acting craft when he was a member of Umthonyama Kantu Arts Group
Background and Work as an artist
2007 – Lolo Vandal entered the booth for the first time and recorded his first song titled ‘Poor Side’. That was the beginning of his recording career as a musician. With his passion for art ‘Lolo Vandal’ joined ‘Umthonyama Kantu’ arts group where he was acting, gumboot dancing and drawing…
2008 – Discovering that he is a brand, he worked on his image and released a number of songs that gave him the spotlight around King Williams Town where he was born. At the age of 14 Lolo Vandal was hired as a Pizza Maker, Dough Maker and a Cleaner at Debonair Pizza.
2009 –He was recognized by SABC radio stations, Headlined ‘Blue Sky’ Hip Hop Sessions 2010 – Lolo Vandal was doing his matric this year, he took a break from everything.. Job,
music and focused on studies
2011 – Promoted his brand, performing for different crowds around Eastern Cape.
2012 –Lolo Vandal the star was accepted at University of Fort Hare for a Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences.
– Took the second prize after entering ‘University of Fort Hare’ talent search. – Took the second prize on ‘Final Touch Down’ battle judged by Driemanskap. – Released his first project ‘Iinyembezi Zomxhosa’
2013 – Lolo Vandal realised that creating music was not enough, he then tapped into the radio industry. He hosted a Hip Hop Show at Forte fm.
– He was nominated on Beat Magazine SA awards under the Hottest Artist of the Month category.
2013 – Crowned as ‘The Ultimate King of Rap Factor’ on 5fm after defeating 8 rappers from different provinces in South Africa live on radio.
– Abandoned his studies due to unavailability of funds
2014 – Lolo Vandal started 2014 on a high note as he headlined an award winning show
‘Soul Clap Sessions’ hosted by iPoetryKaNkqo
– His first official music video ‘Amanda’ aired on Channel O ‘Hip Hop Bangers’ – He recorded The Deluxe version of ‘Amandla’ at Raw X studios with pH
– He featured on ‘Back to the City’ 2014 Compilation Cd
– His songs were on uKhozi fm, y fm
– Featured on Hype Magazine SA with two songs ‘Amandla’ and ‘Ingoma Yam’
2015 – Opening 2015 in style, Lolo Vandal’s single ‘Pusha’ topped the charts on uKhozi fm sitting on the local top 5 for 3 weeks.
– Featured on Hype Magazine SA 62(April/May issue)
– Featured on 25 Local Rappers under 25 list by Hype Magazine SA
– Featured on the Hype Magazine SA December/January issue under the ‘who got next’ feature
2016 – Released ‘Qhusaa’ single, featured on Metro fm ‘I believe’ with Oskido – Featured on Shiz Live ‘The Booth’ on Etv
2017 – Released 3 classic music videos back to back
– Released ‘Siyacela’ full album available for purchase on iTunes, Deezer, Spotify..Etc
– Appeared on SABC Morning live
– His song ‘Incwadi’ used to promote the study of Multilingualism at Unisa (by HDi Youth Marketers).
– Appeared on SABC Trendz
Dj Fingz and @LoloVandalSA releases a new Single “Thatha AmaChance”
Johannesburg, 26 January 2018 – Dj Fingz and Lolo Vandal have finally released a new single titled “Thatha AmaChance” produced by Gift Masebe.
The song describes an obsession for success, you hear Lolo Vandal telling us how we should not let opportunities pass us. He shares how a number of people tried to knock him down and motivates dream chasers to continue chasing dreams.
“Thatha AmaChance” is an inspirational song but the way these two approached it you will forget about all your worries and start dancing.
“Thatha amaChance” from Lolo Vandal follows the release of his EP “Bonus” engineered by an award winning engineer/producer ‘Sthembiso Twala’
Song Link : https://soundcloud.com/lolovandal/thatha-amachance